looking for WordPress Developer
Location: Tallinn, Tartu
Workload: full time, flexible work-time
Get to know us
Hi there! I’m Lauri and I’ve worked at gotoAndPlay for 7 years now and I believe I’ve figured out how it functions. Over the years we’ve gained a lot of new people and lost a few along the way, but the heart of gotoAndPlay has always managed to stay the same.
gotoAndPlay has always stood out to me as something slightly odd. It somehow manages to bring the best kind of quality along with the best kind of attitude.
I think the main reason for that is we focus on choosing the sort of ventures we bring in. I like that we have projects that tickle our curiosity and are fun to work on, sometimes because it’s an interesting subject or a new bit of technology, other times it just has a really cool visual style.
Our clients often search for solutions to their business problems – either they are launching a new product or service, they need sales growth, digitization or they are looking to improve their work processes. Ready-to-use dev solutions and plugins are nice and useful, but they often fail to help you reach the perfect solution. We want to solve clients’ problems without cutting corners and we like using WordPress to accomplice that (although not only WordPress).
For us, WordPress is not “Just another WordPress site”. It has a very simple, but flexible admin side which for us is the main reason we use it. All the rest is custom-built. Whether it’s a simple website, e-shop or e-business, we make it fast as lightning and easiest to use for the client.
In general, projects in our team last for about 4-12 weeks (commonly in 1-2 week sprints). However, the developers are often involved in projects all the way from the design step. This way they can think along and share their knowledge from the beginning and we can make sure the projects succeed.
After the analysis and design steps are successfully confirmed, the development begins. In this step, development and testing are equally important, just like when you have to follow the map during a treasure hunt. Only after carefully testing and crafting, do we deliver the product to the end-users. After that, we gather data, make summaries and start to plan a new launch! Throughout the project, we worked together as a team.
Some examples of our projects are found on our website or on our PLAY & NOPE Alliance website, but I’d happily mention some interesting recent projects as well: Ellex website, Softrend e-shop, Pactum website, Elektriteater, Endover Real Estate websites, Estonian Information System Authority and many more.
We believe that the best way to get better at what we do as a collective is to share our personal knowledge with each other. We have a rigorous code review process in place where before a solution hits production another developer reviews it. This helps us see things from another perspective and that way we can constantly evolve, share knowledge, bounce ideas and brainstorm solutions. In a way, we are like mentors to each other.
Although our projects are very different and are custom-built to the specific needs of each client, WordPress has a lot of peculiarities, fixed architecture and specific know-how – thus, we are looking for you, a developer with WordPress experience to jump on board!
- Developing projects, instructing and consulting the team on WordPress, its themes & plugins.
- Thinking along and making suggestions in gotoAndPlay’s general approach to WordPress projects (developing the base project).
- Sometimes participating in other PHP-based projects (mainly Laravel).
- Analyzing and documenting technical solutions.
- Honesty. Please let us know if you have trouble with a task or need help moving some furniture.
- Being a part of the group. Because being left out sucks.
- We don’t settle for “just okay” and neither should you.
desired skills and experience
- At least 3 years of previous experience with WordPress development, you know its strengths and weaknesses.
- The will to learn and improve.
- Strong skill in PHP.
- Knowledge about how APIs work.
- Be familiar with git and versioning (branching, pull requests, you name it).
- Very fluent English, Estonian is a big bonus.
- Team-player and results-oriented attitude.
- Previous experience with CI/CD and Docker.
- Absolutely stellar if you know your way around automated testing.
We offer you
- To work in the best (according to our clients) web development agencies in Estonia!
- Work with awesome clients, like Telia, Softrend, Katana, Peetri Pizza, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and many-many others.
- Quite possibly the friendliest team you’ve worked with.
- A competitive amount of income, which will improve with experience and skill.
- Support for your hobbies and sporty activities in exchange for social media presence. Just ask.
- Snacks and lots of cake days. Wait, when’s your birthday again? We’re mostly good for December, but we’ll hear you out.
- The occasional office party, team event or field trips, virtual or face-to-face, separate from cake days. Oh, and did I mention our work abroad trip is already planned for 2022? Georgia, here we come!
- Working from home, from our Tartu office or in our new Tallinn hub – the choice is yours. However, occasional Tartu office visits are a must – there, you’ll meet our office cat (and dog, they switch places day to day), can play ping-pong and of course, meet the rest of the team!
If you feel like we could become friends then just
contact us at .
We can’t wait to meet you!